Arthur Lipper III provides and arranges financing and offers financial and management advisory services.
Mr. Lipper has been affiliated with the international financial community since 1954. His Stock and Commodity Exchange memberships have included: NYSE, American, Midwest, Pacific Coast, Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, Bangkok, NY Comex and NY Futures Exchange. He has served as advisor to: Mid-America Commodity Exchange and Bourse de Beyrouth. He was the founder and CEO of Arthur Lipper Corporation and co-founder and Chairman of New York & Foreign Securities Corporation. Mr. Lipper also serves as President of Communications Management Associates.
Forward Contract Exchange Company Ltd., a subsidiary of Arthur Lipper Corporation, conceived and created stock index futures and refined petroleum product futures in Amsterdam in the 1972-4 period.
Current Business Activities
Currently serving as: Officer, Director or Advisor: Lion Brothers (world's oldest/largest embroidered emblem manufacturer), Access Direct Systems (Mass market, laser printing lettershop), DKS Technologies (diesel engine performance enhancement), Waterside Productions (multimedia literary agency), Innovest Value Dynametrics (ecological risk evaluation services), Gazelles, Inc.and Master of Business Dynamics program (relevant executive education), Cavion.COM Inc. (Serving the electronic communications and processing needs of credit unions), President of Las Vistas Home Owners Association, ArrayComm (intelligent base station antennas), Zi Corporation (ZICA) (enables typing Chinese and other ideographic languages), Electropure (electrodeionization technology and Laserpure water purity measurement), Manhattan Scientifics (MHTX) (miniature fuel cells), Oncologic, Inc. (cancer therapy process), Pacific Datavision (management command software), MeterNet Corporation (set top box providing Internet access for tv sets), Magellan University (virtual education delivery system)...PanAmerica Capital Group (investment banking services) Plasmedia Wired Retail Network (proprietary, interactive, shopping mall consumer information units), Auto Life (engine cleaning equipment)
Previously served as:
- Chairman - Arthur Lipper Corporation and international subsidiaries - NYSE member firm
- Chairman - Publisher and Editor-In-Chief - Venture Magazine
- Chairman - New York & Foreign Securities Corporation (co-founder) - NYSE member firm
- Chairman - Gifted & Talented Publications - publisher of Gifted Children Monthly
- Chairman - White Plains Cable Television Commission
- Chairman - Microband Corporation of America - licensed FCC Common Carrier
- Chairman - White Plains Mayor's Committee on Non-Tax-Based Revenue
- Director - Small Business Foundation of America Director - International Human Assistance Program
- Director - Channels Magazine (as representative of the Markle Foundation)
- Director: Cognitive Diagnostics
- Director - International Council For Small Business
- Director - College Savings Bank, Princeton, NJ
- Director - San Diego Venture Group Director - TMm, Inc - Total Multimedia
- Director: Qtron
- Director - Marquest Medical Products Inc. (NASD: MMPI), Chairman of Audit Committee
- Director -Projectavision
- Advisor - HemaCare (HEMA) Passive Hyperimmune Therapy for treatment of AIDS
- Advisor: Meadox Medical
- Advisor - Lifers Group of Rahway (New Jersey State Prison)
- Advisor: Top Source (TPS)
- Member - Securities Industry Association Economic Education Committee
- Advisor - Access Communication Systems
- Adjunct Associate Professor - NYU Stern Graduate School of Business Administration
- Adjunct Professor - Westchester Community College
- Host/Co-producer - Venture's Franchise Showcase (series of 30 min television shows)
He has been commercially active in: Canada, Argentina, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, England, Sweden, Switzerland, Holland, Lebanon, Israel, Bahrain, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Japan.
Books and Manuals Written:
- LIPPER Mutual Fund Performance Analysis service and other investment company related services created by Arthur Lipper Corporation 1967-72.
- Venture's Financing & Investing In Private Companies - A Guide to Understanding Entrepreneurs and their Relationships with Investors, Lenders and Advisors (Probus) 1988.
- The Larry and Barry Guide to Venture Funding 1984.
- Venture's Guide to Investing In Private Companies (Dow-Jones Irwin) 1984.
- Thriving Up and Down the Free Market Food Chain - The Unrestrained Observations (and Advice) of a Business Darwinist (HarperBusiness) 1991.
- The Guide for Venture Investing Angels - Financing & Investing In Private Companies (Missouri Innovation Center) 1996 - now in 2nd printing.
He is presently working on two new books. Columns, Forewords, Chapters and Articles Contributed: Barron's, "Business Owner/Entrepreneur" column in the San Diego Business Journal, "Views of a Venturer" columnist for Pittsburgh's Executive Report and Women's News, The Franchise Advantage (1987), The Venture Magazine Complete Guide To Venture Capital (1987), Leadership: Making Things Happen (1986), Handbook for and Innovative Managers (1987), Executive Chess (1987), Beyond IBM (1989), Exceptional Entrepreneurial Women (1988), The Dynamos - Who Are They Anyway (1987), Knights and Knaves of Corporate Boardrooms (1989), Library of Investment Banking - Capital Raising & Financial Structure (1990) and to the Venture Capital Club Monthly, Association of Venture Founders Newsletter, Gifted Children Newsletter, Venture Magazine, Journal of Creative Behavior, Magazine of Artificial Intelligence in Finance, www.bizwiz.com/venvest/asklipp.htm Access Business OnLine Daily Newspaper and www.gifted-children.com.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- N.Y. Stock Exchange Luncheon Club
- Metropolitan Club - New York
- Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan *
- UCSD Chancellor's Associates
- Hollandse Club - Singapore *
- San Diego Press Club
- National Investor Relations Institute *
- Financial Analysts Society of San Diego
- Soundshore Pistol Club *
- UCSD Faculty Club
- Canadian Club of New York (ex-Governor) *
- San Diego-Tijuana Sister Cities Society
- Princeton Club - New York *
* Not currently active as a member
Present and Prior Educational Activities & Affiliations: U. S. Capitol Page School... Bronx High School of Science..THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP INSTITUTE ... KENAN INSTITUTE OF PRIVATE ENTERPRISE of Kenan-Flagler Business School/Univ of North Carolina ... SNIDER ENTREPRENEURIAL CNTR - Wharton School/Univ of Penn ... MAC ARTHUR FOUNDATION - Fellows Program ... NATIONAL ACADEMY OF FINANCE FDN ... MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE ENTREPRENEURIAL CENTER - Purchase, NY ... TAYLOR INSTITUTE FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES, College of New Rochelle ... SBDC REGIONAL CENTER/Pace University, New York City ... NATIONAL FDN FOR TEACHING ENTREPRENEURSHIP - to Handicapped and Disadvantaged Youth ... JOINT COUNCIL ON ECONOMIC EDUCATION ... NATIONAL SCHOOLS COMMITTEE FOR ECONOMIC EDUCATION ... U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMIN - WOMEN'S NETWORK FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING Steering Committee... HIGH SCHOOL ENTREPRENEURS ... AVON WOMEN OF ENTERPRISE award program ... SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMICS - An International Journal ... UCSD ... SDSU Entrepreneurial Management Center ... UCSD Arts & Humanities Department, Dean's Advisory Board ... San Diego (county) Economic Advisory Board ... La Jolla Playhouse ... San Diego Opera ... Pepperdine University's Third Pillar Society...Chairman Board of Trustees of the Berger Collection Educational Trust and Corporation.
Mr. Lipper has addressed graduate and undergraduate students at: Universities of: Pennsylvania, California, Los Angeles, North Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas and Harvard, Yale, Boston U, Babson, Stern School of NYU, Westchester Community College, George Washington, Northwestern, Tuck School of Dartmouth, Clark, Georgetown, Stanford, Marquette, Keller Grad Sch of Business, Wichita State, College of New Rochelle, Iona, Baruch, Cal State San Marcos, Pepperdine and others. He has also presented to: Venture groups and entrepreneurship associations in cities including: San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Denver, Indianapolis, Boston, Sydney, Tokyo, and Singapore.
Columns, Forewords, Chapters and Articles Contributed:
- Business Owner/Entrepreneur column in the San Diego Business Journal,
- Views of a Venturer columnist for Pittsburgh's Executive Report and Women's News,
- The Franchise Advantage (1987),
- The Venture Magazine Complete Guide To Venture Capital (1987),
- Leadership: Making Things Happen (1986),
- Handbook for and Innovative Managers (1987),
- Executive Chess (1987),
- Beyond IBM (1989),
- Exceptional Entrepreneurial Women (1988),
- The Dynamos - Who Are They Anyway (1987),
- Knights and Knaves of Corporate Boardrooms (1989),
- Library of Investment Banking - Capital Raising & Financial Structure (1990) and to the Venture Capital Club Monthly,
- Association of Venture Founders Newsletter,
- Gifted Children Newsletter,
- Venture Magazine,
- Journal of Creative Behavior,
- Magazine of Artificial Intelligence in Finance,
- Access Business OnLine Daily Newspaper, and
Articles Published in BizWiz & NewsWebPlus+
- 03/26/06 Boards of Directors versus Advisory Boards
- 04/24/05 Developing, Administering, Coaching and Judging Business Plan Contests © Successful entrepreneurial activity is good for both those directly involved and for the community at large. The exercise of learning how to plan and being forced to plan and, as a part of the process, preparing business plans, is constructive, even recognizing entrepreneurs usually dislike doing so, being more doing focused.
- 04/24/05 Being a good director © Serving as a director of an investor owned company, be it publicly traded or private, is or can be; a privilege, a responsibility, a burden, a source of satisfaction, a personal liability, a path to financial reward, interesting, frustrating, time consuming and fun.
- 01/20/05 Would you buy or invest in your own business? A guide to managing better and also attracting capital©
- 06/08/03 Determining if an Investment in and/or by a Privately Owned Company is Warranted The Art of Investment - Deciding if money should be spent or invested in or by an entity.
- 01/10/03 Why I am bearish (as if anyone cared)? A bearish view of the market from an experienced veteran of his own institutional brokerage firm.
- 11/24/02 Goal Achievement Probability Rating service An interview with Arthur Lipper regarding his new Goal Achievement Probability Rating service
- 09/27/99 Are gasoline prices too high? Wouldn't it be nice if once, just once, the consumers won?
- 05/31/99 Fees for Doing Better Than and the Application of Leverage
- 12/21/98 Fair Questions - for Angels to Ask Entrepreneurs Following are some questions which the Angel might ask as prompts for constructive dialogue.
- 08/19/98 Enterprise Contract Management - A Business Management Model Enterprise Contract Management could be an important part of the future, permitting those having specific areas of skill and resources to do that which they are best equipped to do
- 01/02/98 Possibly Lessening Year 2,000 Losses By Requiring Reassurance From Service Suppliers Take action steps now to avoid losses relating to the year 2,000.
- 11/18/97 In Defense of The Successful
- 06/23/97 Really Helping Entrepreneurs Presentation on June 23, 1997 in San Francisco to the 42nd Annual Conference of the International Council for Small Business by Arthur Lipper III, Chairman, British Far East Holdings Ltd
- 06/06/97 Observations as made by Arthur Lipper III, Chairman of British Far East Holdings Ltd. in addressing, on June 3, 1997 the Master of Business Dynamics Seminar Sponsored by the First Principles Group of Boulder, Colorado
- 03/18/97 Spouse Power © My advice to male entrepreneurs is seek your wife's advice and "listen to the lady".
- 03/18/97 Preserving the goodwill of the investor after the check is cashed.© Unfortunately, the natural relationship between the angel investor and the vision filled entrepreneur tends to be adversarial in nature.
- 03/18/97 What entrepreneurs need to know about angels© All angels are human, though not all humans are angels and not all angels are angelic.
- 02/17/97 Angels and Entrepreneurs - Ask Arthur Lipper, III The former editor-in-chief and publisher of Venture magazine, and author of numerous books on capital, gives Access Business Online frank talk about investing in the newest media--the Internet.